Saturday, December 1, 2018

Last transfer, more rain, a Leadership Conference and a baptism to look forward to!


November 20, 2018

Hey Everyone,

So, I stayed in Clorinda this transfer, so I am going to die here figuratively. Thats what they say in the mission when its your last transfer. Elder Smith will stay my companion and he will also be my last companion. I didn't travel anywhere this week, but next week I have a Consejo de Lideres (Leadership Conference), so I will be traveling to Resistencia. I can`t wait to meet Elder Ashbys mom when I get home. I am a great friend with Elder Ashby and I am glad that she is also your friend too!

I think the Christmas activity that we are having as missionaries, is on the 18th of December, but I am not sure. We haven`t found out yet who we are buying Secret Santa gifts for.  I don`t know if the branch here in Clorinda will be doing anything to celebrate Christmas but they probably will.

E. is going to be baptized very soon! He absolutely loves the missionaries and his mom wants to be baptized now too! E. went with us to the volleyball activity and also to a baptism, he seems so ready!

So, this week it rained like crazy on Sunday so the people didn`t come out to church. This week I just worked like normal. The snakes (girls) in our area are getting worse. A few of them in the street yelled out "Hola Bonbones" which basically means Hello my loves haha, and another as she passed in the street said " Que Lindos Ojos"(What cute eyes), haha I was like uuhhh gracias, I guess, haha.  

At this point I feel like I am just bothering the people. I have become very direct when I teach and I say things how they are. I don`t know if it is bad or not, but we are here to preach the truth. I just say it how it is.

The ride in the taxi Sunday morning was fun, between the mud and the flooded streets I felt like I was in a road rally race! The water flies out of the fender wells and it is super fun, Haha!

Thanksgiving might just be another day in the mission, unfortunately. We probably wont be doing anything to celebrate it here. That is cool that you are going somewhere different to eat your Thanksgiving dinner this year and that you wont have to make it.
I am so glad you are my parents. Thanks for your support always. I can`t wait to be with all of you again. I need to enjoy this last little bit of time that I have left. I am not gonna lie, I am getting pretty trunky, haha, but Im still working hard. I have realized that I really need this transfer to be the best and I need to do everything I can before I am home and I am not in Argentina anymore. I cant believe it has been two years! Seeing Elder Hopkins go home this week put the nail in the coffin, Haha. Don`t worry, we are going to try to baptize a ton.

I love and miss you all!

Chau,
Elder Nate Pendleton 

 Elder Smith, E. and I...


Rainy season...

Elder Hopkins and I...
He was my second companion in the field, and he was also recently, my Zone Leader...

Myself, Elder Butler, and Elder Hopkins...


No comments:

Post a Comment