Friday, December 28, 2018

Merry Christmas, my birthday is coming up, a great baptism and it's my last email...


December 24, 2018

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Feliz Navidad a todos! Haha (Merry Christmas, Everyone!) Yeah, I am trunky too, mom, Haha. I can´t wait to see you all! I will be able to Skype on Christmas day at like 2 o clock  Argentina time, so be ready anytime after that.

So yeah,  (E.s mother) was baptized, but Fernanda had her baby, so unfortunately she needs to wait a little longer to get baptized, but we did have the one baptism! It was great! We are teaching still, but I think most of our investigators will be baptized after I leave.

That is cool that dad and Monte got new suits for Christmas. Yeah, luckily here, Christmas hasn´t lost its focus on Christ. There is not as much materialism here. I noticed that the word Christmas can be changed to Mas Christ or in English More Christ! That is how it should be anyway!

 I got a Gucci jersey from my Secret Santa at the Multizona Christmas party. Now I can look like a rich tipaso (cool guy) when I go to the car shows when I get home. Haha, I am wearing it right now! Yeah, I kind of messed up in my yo-yo performance at the party, but everyone loved it anyway. The song that my district sang for it was literally just us singing a hymn that we didn't even practice, Haha. So far, for Christmas Eve p-day today we have just been watching movies and chilling. We are going to eat Asado today and watch the fireworks tonight! It should be fun. I am just being able to chill now and relax, I was pretty stressed with all the baptism stuff.     

 So, I leave Clorinda on Sunday to travel to Resitencia. Hermana Coleman is going home with me, so we will be traveling together back to Utah. Also, Elder Afane and Pedernera will be traveling home when I do too. That is awesome that Kaylee (My cousin) got home from her mission this week! I would love to hang out with her. I also know that this gospel is true and I will hold on to it my entire life!  Im glad I had this time to share it.

So when we Skype tomorrow remind me to tell you about the missionary Christmas party in Formosa and about the baptism and more about my trip to The Primavera. What ended up happening is that I had to go do a baptismal interview in an Indian colony and the Elders in that area ride bikes, so I went with Elder Pratt and we went and worked in that area and it was so much fun. I loved it! It is so beautiful there. I was in the middle of nowhere, riding a bike, passing by little Indian houses every once in a while. We got caught in the rain too, so we got muddy from the mud flipping off the tires into our hair and up the back of our shirts. I have never felt so adventurous in my life. I loved it!  

I love you and miss you. Thank you for all of your support my whole mission and I will see you tomorrow when we Skype. I can´t believe this is my last email! My legendary story is coming to an end. This truly was the coolest thing I have ever done! Also Elder Perez filmed my last testimony at the Multizona. I am going to try to get that from him before I leave. I have learned so much and I have enjoyed the mission a lot, it was hard but worth it. I wouldn´t change it for anything!  Thanks for everything. I love you soooo much! See you soon! 

Chau,
Elder Nate Pendleton

Bautismo de M.




The Elders enjoying Christmas



Some pictures from Elder Butler...


My trip to La Primavera. We got to ride the bikes!







No comments:

Post a Comment