Monday, December 17, 2018

Fasting and following promptings brings blessings...


December 9, 2018

So, lots of stories this week, Haha.  So all of our converts and investigators are awesome. We taught a lady this week that thought that Jesus was baptized into the Catholic church. We broke our record for how many lessons that we taught this week and one of our investigators already stopped smoking, just to be baptized! She is awesome! Also, we fasted this week again, and my testimony of fasting has grown a lot, because it always works. We were then guided by the Holy Ghost to go to E.s house and when we got there her sister wanted to talk to us, she said she liked how E. has changed since she was baptized and how happy she is, and so she decided to listen to our message now, she already wants to be baptized!  We also have two little girls that have come to church now and we just have to teach them and they are in the font! We had 4 people come to church this last Sunday. We are so close with so many investigators. This is the last push, I gotta get them baptized before I go! ahhhhahahhaha . E. shared her testimony on Fast Sunday and that made me very happy. She is a really good convert. I hope I can get all of these people baptized before I go. I am sad to leave all this success we are having behind, it has been an amazing week teaching. I am really ending my mission off like I wanted to.

Anyway, yeah, it has been nice to visit with my converts also this week and I have been writing thank-you notes to all of the people in this area who have helped me in any way.

So, this week it is going to be like 106 degrees! Haha, so I am ready for the snow in Utah, Haha! The Leadership Conference went all right. The district has to call me now at night and then I call the zone leaders to report in, so that is a change that they made. Man, I can`t believe I already have a day set up for my homecoming talk! I am more nervous for that than anything else!  

No Christmas parties here yet but our missionary Christmas party this year will be held in Formosa. I still need to buy my Secret Santa present for one of the other elders.

That is awesome that you had the ward Christmas party and that Nash did well in his concert.  

I am doing well, just finishing it off strong. I am tired, but I will make it.
I am so grateful for this experience of a mission. I can`t believe I did it. It seemed impossible at first, but it isn`t. I Did It!!!!  I am so excited to see all of you. It feels unreal that I am going home soon! Anyway, I love you all so much. You are the best mom and dad ever. Thanks for all you do! Thanks for being such great examples to me! You are the best!
Ill see you soon!

Chau,

Love,
Elder Nate Pendleton

 Black Name Tag Picture...



Pic of me filing out the carpeta de area (District Area Book), what mission life is really like...



Christmas Tree made out of plastic bottles...




No comments:

Post a Comment