Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Bringing the light of the gospel to someone...literally! And a monkey comes to church...


So, this week was really good!

         Elder Perez was transferred early to my old area Puerto 1 because a new office elder was called. He went to take his place so I have been working with the zone leaders this week in two different areas and we have had a lot of success. We visited a lot of people this week and we have lots of people that have agreed to get baptized and so now we just gotta teach like crazy! We have a few that are real close. One of the experiences I had this week is we went to a lesson with F. and on the way to his house we found a light bulb in its box just laying there in the street and so we picked it up and took it with us as we went to F.s house. We go in, and where we normally teach they were playing video games, so we say to F. "Can we go into the other room?" and he said "yeah, but there is no light bulb in there so it will be all dark" and so we were like, That is alright because we found a lightbulb in the street, so we put it in and we were able to teach him, haha. We literally brought the light to his house! Haha! We invited him to get married so he can get baptized. I hope he makes the right choice. We had three investigators in church this week and one of them for the second time! I am glad things are finally looking up with the work. I have learned a lot from the zone leaders and my teaching skills are improving and I can finally see my progress in the mission. It is really nice to work with the zone leaders and now I am living in the nicer pension with them but just until the end of this week. We cleaned my pension out really well so now it is ready for the new elder I will be training. Another cool thing is that I learned about a new car that is soooooooo freaking sweet! It is called a Chevrolet Chevron from 1978 and 79 they are like a Mustang and a Camaro mixed together. I like them a lot!  

Also, I have read a lot in the New Testament, the Book of Acts is so full of evidence that our church is true. I Love it! haha. Also Juan 14 is a really good chapter. Anyway,  So, C might get baptized this week but he is hard to find he works a lot. Also G. and E. came out to church and they liked it and so now we gotta see if we can get them baptized. There are some others that are really awesome but we still gotta teach them some more. Also this kid named P. might get baptized this week. Yeah, it was fun to see the other church. It helps me to see the effects of the Apostasy too, haha! 

Yeah, so I cant wait to talk with dad in Spanish. I am trying to work on my accent before I get home. It is hard to not sound like a gringo sometimes. I can`t believe Dylan got married so fast! I will probably wait a little longer than that after my mission Haha!    

So, cow tongue is well just like normal meat but kind of bland tasting, and the utter is like a white jelly that is full of oil and it almost has a milky flavor mixed with meat flavor and it is pretty weird, Haha. It didn`t taste bad but it was something that just a little goes a long way! Haha. Wish Butch a happy birthday for me! So I think I will be staying here in Clorinda. And also Elder Afane is in a trio with two elders also because his companion, Elder Moore   goes home a week before the end of transfers.

 So this week we saw a monkey on roof of the church! Haha! It was super funny to watch!

I also had to lead the hymns in church this week and in the baptism and in Elders Quorum and I gave a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost in the baptism.

I finally got my hands on some peanut butter so I have eaten a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this week! Haha. But yeah, it has been a really good week. I feel really good about my skills as a missionary and about my efforts.

Have a wonderful week! Love you all!

Chau,
Elder Nate Pendleton

Working with the Zone Leaders for this week...

My District...

Asado with President Rodas.....


"The First Vision" made out of wire by an investigator....

Me preaching the gospel to anyone who will listen...

Me making fried chicken...

And of course, the monkey who came to church...




No comments:

Post a Comment