Saturday, September 22, 2018

New Companion and a baptism...


Yeah mom, to answer your question, so a lot of the time we explain the same things to the people we teach but God puts in my head another way to explain it to them so that it makes more sense for that particular person that I’m teaching. It helps to have studied in the scriptures. There was this less active member that had a lot of doubts about the church because she went to another church and they told her some wrong things about our church. I had so many scriptures to show her the truth and then I remembered that I also had those “17 points of the true church” cards that you gave to me so I pulled it out and I showed it to her and I was able to answer all of her questions.  

The lady that wasn’t baptized last week was baptized this week. We found out that she didn't understand the question that we had asked her and she actually didn't have a problem with what we thought she did, so she was able to get baptized this week. I am still a District Leader.

I went to Resistencia and I stayed with all of the other trainers and we had p-day there and I had fun. Then on Wednesday I met up with my new companion Elder Tyler Smith. He is from Pocatello, Idaho. So we get along well and he is a nice guy. He is pretty shy and it is hard for him to speak the language yet, but I am doing my best to help him out. I was the same way when I first got here, too. I am sure he will get Spanish down I speak it a lot with him in the streets. It is a lot harder training this time for me than it was the first time that I trained. I am really going to do my best to train him well.  Elder Smith was so tired when he got here he fell asleep during daily planning and weekly planning and studies and even when I was talking to him face to face, that jet lag is tough! He is really quiet so I am doing my best to help him open up.  On our way back up to Clorinda we slept in Formosa in Puerto`s pension, and then we traveled the rest of the way back up to to Clorinda.

We have run into way too many drunks this week, Haha! Elder Smith is getting in some good stories to tell his family when he gets back home, Haha. Elder Afane’s family got me a soccer jersey it’s for the El Salvador soccer team and it is sweet! It has like Aztec designs on it. I will send a picture of me in it.

It has been really hot here this last week. I am really not ready for summer here! It is 90 degrees here today and on Wednesday it is going to be up to 94 and it’s not even technically summer yet.

Wish Isabella a Happy Birthday for me! I am glad that her party went well for her. That is cool that she is getting braces. I love you and miss you all. Things are going well here.


Chau,
Elder Nate Pendleton

My New Jersey...

The trainers of the new incoming missionaries...

 P-day in Resistencia...




No comments:

Post a Comment