Saturday, September 22, 2018

Service, getting sick, serving in Formosa, and getting excited for General Conference...


So we taught a girl this week and she accepted baptism and she was almost crying when we mentioned our belief about eternal families because the Jehovah`s Witnesses told her that there is no life after death and her dad had died about four years back. I feel like she will probably get baptized, so that is awesome!

 It felt good this week to try and serve my companion. He doesnt have his mud boots yet and it had rained a lot and so his shoes were covered in mud, so I took a sponge and wiped them off and cleaned them up for him. It felt good serving him. I really want to make this time for him nice. Its hard being a new missionary but he is doing great!

I am not going to lie, this week was really, really, hard on us. We had eaten something last Monday that made us sick so we had diarrhea the whole week! Like, I have never been so sick to my stomach before! Haha. My companion had it a little less than I did, but I think it is just because he is just not used to the food here. But the blessings were high this week! Tuesday was the day that I felt the worst, but I decided to go out even though I didn`t want to and we taught soooo many lessons that day, our numbers were really good this week even though we were both sick. My companion gave me an awesome blessing of health and I sure am grateful to him for that. I also bought some Powerades to keep me hydrated and I am feeling a lot better now.  

This week I will be serving in Puerto 1 and my companion, Elder Smith is going to Tucuman, Argentina to do his paperwork to get his identification, so for four days I will be in Formosa.  

Our Multizona is on the 26th  of this month and I am also getting so excited for General Conference.  So this p-day we played Dungeons and Dragons as a zone it was really fun! Haha! I can`t write a ton more because the computer is being weird. As always, I love you and miss you all!

Chau,
Elder Nate Pendleton 

My New Companion Elder Tyler Smith...



My new rain jacket...

Rainy days here in Argentina...


No comments:

Post a Comment