Sunday, September 30, 2018

It's so hot!!! Trips to other areas and looking forward to Multizone conference...


Hey Everyone,

         I am feeling better this week after being so sick to my stomach last week, and I have been working hard despite the ridiculously hot weather we are having here. We actually got 3 investigators to come to church on Sunday! One of them is this 19-year-old girl named E. She is super smart and she reads the little pamphlets that we give her and she wants to get baptized soon. She asks really good questions. She is so ready! We get to the lesson and she is like, Hey, I read the whole Plan of Salvation pamphlet and she is like, I thought it was interesting that it was part of God`s plan that Adam ate the fruit, and that it was because we needed to come here to earth and we needed free agency to make choices to progress.   We were like, Holy cow, you already know everything! She is a golden investigator!  She understands so well! We are for sure going to have a baptism!  She came to church along with our other two other investigators, so things are looking up for us. We only had Friday and Saturday to work this week because we were traveling, but the lord blessed us with lessons and with people that came out to church.

         This week we have to travel again to Formosa and Elder Smith has to go to Tucuman again, because the paperwork failed last week, so I am not going to be in Clorinda for almost the entire week, I will be in Puerto again. So in Puerto, Elder Pérez is serving there and is also training a new missionary. I worked there with them and got to see some old members that I hadn`t seen in a while! I also went to A’s house but she wasnt there, but I talked with her on the phone, and this week I might be able to go and see her. It was fun to go to Puerto this week. I even got to see the dog that bit me, ha-ha.

         It has been super hot here and our pension is just like a brick oven!

         Gilda Lopez (The girl that just got her mission call to Brazil) helped our investigator out in church because she is also the same age as E. We didn`t even ask her to do that, she is a great member and she will be a great missionary!

         The multizone this week is going to be sweet! I always have fun with Elder Smith joking about things here like the dogs and the cars and I really do enjoy a lot of the environment but the food here is killing me ha-ha. There is always some funny thing that happens and it is fun to have these experiences. Last night we got attacked by killer mosquitos and we literally had to run to get away from them, ha-ha!

         That is awesome that Colton and Amanda are having a baby! And that you got a raise! Just enough to get me an exhaust system, ha-ha, just kidding. That is fun that you got to see Zane. I am glad they are going to Disneyland! That is cool that there are fun things that you are getting to do. I can`t wait for nice winter clothes and no sweat ha-ha.

         Anyway, there really isn`t much more to say but I love you and miss you all and thank you for all the support. I can`t wait to see you all again!

Chau!
Elder Nate Pendleton

The Pizza we eat here...


 It's so hot!!!



Our cool hats! Summer is officially here!

  
   
 Out walking in the Campo...





A lightening storm in Puerto!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment