Saturday, November 3, 2018

Teaching by the Spirit, cars, more rain, and alligator meat empanadas!


October 15, 2018

Yeah, so things are really good this week! The guy with the church sign on his house said that people asked him all the time if there was church being held in his house Haha. This transfer we are going to get a lot done. E. came out to church and she is going to get baptized this weekend, so we are excited for that! We fasted that she would come to church and it is interesting how the Lord tested and tried my faith, because when we went to church on Sunday she wasn't there and I was just sitting there all glum, just not knowing what to do, and then 10 or 15 minutes later in walked E. I literally was like, man I was just like Peter. My faith had stopped as soon as church had started, and God was like; “Hey, why do you doubt? Here she is!”

So, the rain kept on coming this week, but it is better than the heat! A car passed by us and hit a mud puddle and launched mud all over us, Haha, Poor Elder Smith got the most of it, it was pretty funny, though. With all of the mud around here I feel like I am in a war zone, Haha! It is fun to walk around in all the mud though!  

We found some new investigators this week, one of the coolest people that we found was this lady that I had asked for directions and I also decided to see if she would listen to the gospel message at the same time so I started to speak to her about the gospel and she was a little bit hesitant, but she decided to listen to us anyway. I noticed that in her garage there was a Fiat 128 Berlina, and I asked if it was hers and she said; “Yeah in fact, I was the one who restored it!” She is this lady that restored a car, and just loves cars. That is something I really love to talk about, so there was some common ground for us to start on. I started to talk to her about rally racing and about my car and she let me see the inside of the fiat and it was super cool because after that, she opened right up and let us teach her more about the gospel! She could be a really good investigator.  

 I have had a great mission. I enjoy having learned so much from being here in Argentina!

So E. and her sisters this week gave us some empanadas made from Alligator meat! It tastes like chicken! I can finally say I ate some alligator while serving here! They were really good!

Anyway, this week one of the things I learned was that I have to use less doctrine and more of the Spirit in my teaching, because the Spirit is truly what changes people. My teaching started to be really doctrinal and the people don’t care if it is written in the bible or not, they want to know how the gospel applies to them. After applying this way of teaching, it helped a lot. This Catholic lady started to rail into us the other day, and I was so tempted to bible bash with her, but instead I didn’t  and I treated her with kindness, and by the end, she accepted a Folleto and she was able to see that we are good people not looking for contention. I am improving my teaching little by little. I like the pictures of Max you sent. He is so awesome. Anyway, I am good. Still hangin’ in there, just 11 weeks left before I come home. Haha!

Love you and miss you all,

Chau,

Elder Nate Pendleton

More rain, Haha!


Fiat...

Cool, interesting building...

...and still more rain!

The Savior and I...


Alligator Empanadas...





No comments:

Post a Comment