Friday, February 2, 2018

Hey, so yeah, this week was just a ton of rain and new boots!

 Hey, so yeah, this week was just a ton of rain! 


         Sunday morning it started to rain even harder than it had all week and we woke up to huge cracks of lightning. I have never seen it rain that hard, ever! Haha!

         The office, when we got there was a little flooded, there was like a centimeter of water on the whole office floor except for in my financial office, Haha! It ruined some Book of Mormons and some other cardboard boxes that were sitting on the floor, but other than that we were able to clean it all out and it was all good then. The intersection right by the church was so flooded, that the cars were nearly underwater as they drove through it. They were making small tidal waves luckily, Elder Afane only got some small ones that came up to his feet. You can see them in this video.

         It was nice to have some rain for a change. It has been super humid this week. I have never sweat so much so much in all my life. So yeah, the rain was fun!!!

         I bought me some cool new boots. The soles of my old black shoes are starting to separate, but they are still usable. With the new boots that I bought for myself, I can get a break from my other shoes. I am only going to wear the boots for special occasions like p-day and multizonas and transfers and stuff, though.

         Visiting La Leonesa last week was fun! I went on divisions with Elder Oliva that day. He is a good missionary, he is about ready to go home. I got to sleep on a mattress in La Leonesa, but it was a bit uncomfortable, haha. There were like 7 people on 3 mattresses.

         Yeah, I also saw that Elder Peters, my old zone leader got engaged to be married! That is awesome! We have transfers this weekend so it is going to be nuts! And it is also the end of the month and I have to send a bunch of money out.

         This last P-day we went to the mall and ate our lunch and then we went to a park that is by the Rio Negro River, it was nice to get out and do stuff. It was beautiful there and the lily pads were huge!


         This week we also ran into this guy who bothers and argues with all religions down here in Resistencia. He has tried to talk to us before but we always tell him that we are busy and walk past him and try to avoid him, but he found us in Carrefour and he walks up to me and he says. Mormón tenía catorce esposas! ( Mormon had fourteen wives!) and I instantly just started to drop cane on this guy because he bothers everyone. The JDubs get their fair share of him too. I told him that not everything you see on the internet is true. As soon as I saw him I got triggered. I was ready to just roast the dude, but Elder Slade came in and started to talk to him. The guy was saying stuff about the United States and about the President and also about how we are teaching the people bad things and how we are bothering people, we ended up needing to tell him that if he didn´t stop hassling the missionaries, we were going to need to call the cops and he said “I will get you exported.” We are like, we are legal citizens here, Haha.   Anyway, side story.

         Literally, this is one of the most intense, beat up, apostate, and hot missions in the whole world. God really wants me to learn something,
I guess. Even though there are a lot of things that are hard about the mission, it is cool to say that you served in one of the hardest missions in the world.

         I am soooo glad that Cole was able to go through the temple to prepare for his mission this week! He looks a lot older now. I am glad it was a good experience for him. I hope grandma gets better from being sick! I can´t believe he is already having his farewell talk, wish him luck for me. That is cool that you got 10 inches of snow. 
We got 10 inches of rain! Haha!  

         Anyway, the other photos that I sent are from the park near the mall that we go to on p-day. That river is the Rio Negro.  

         We also got a new washing machine and dryer to use so that was nice. I cleaned the pension, even more, this week and I cleaned the floor, so now it really is starting to look good.

          We had some good lunches with members this week. Hermana Alvarez cooked us a pizza, 10 empanadas, a Tarta which is a giant round empanada, ham and cheese sandwiches, chocolate pudding. I was so full after, haha! She makes really good lunches. We finally got in contact with G. I walked out of the office and he was there reading The Family a Proclamation to the World and I talked to him for like 5 minutes. He went to church again in Corrientes and he read more in the Book of Mormon. He said that he really likes the idea that families are forever. He is progressing well so there is still hope for us to have a baptism. I started the Book of Mormon over again, so that was nice.

         I am glad you got snow there in Utah. The ski resorts needed it! I am glad everything went well with Cole at the temple! Thanks for your love and even more thanks for your example. I was thinking yesterday that I have really started to be a lot like you, dad. I hold my ground and I don´t let others stop me from being good with God. I keep things organized and I take care of what I own. I am so grateful for your parenting mom and dad and I hope that I can keep being like you.

I love you all,

Chau,
Elder Nate Pendleton

Out of my office window...

The flooded streets...


The Flooded office...


My new boots!



Me in all that rain!




Pictures of our p-day visit to the mall and the Rio Negro River park on the next blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment