Sunday, October 29, 2017

Nate's quick email...

         (Nate sent a quick email from the mission office in Resistencia this week, he was quite busy this first P-Day and didnt have a chance to write too much. He did send a few pictures home though. They are of his last week in Formosa. He was going to write another letter explaining what happened to him this week, what with the visit from Elder Packer of the Seventy and also with being transferred to the mission office, but he didnt get a chance to get back to it on his P-day. I guess we will hear about it in his letter to us next week.)

         He did, however, respond to our letters from the previous week. I had asked him if it was alright for his investigator A, to send a video of him that she had already sent to me, I was concerned about mission rules and I wanted to see if that was okay, and he said,) A, is fine to send the videos to you. A, had surgery this week so she didn´t make it out to church on Sunday. (He had also been bitten by a dog, the previous week and I was concerned, so I told him that I am sending him a dog whistle and he said,) Thanks for getting the dog whistle, the dog bite wasn´t a big deal, it was hardly a wound, to be honest. It healed super fast and I am fine, Haha! Don´t worry about the dog bite.

           Elder Ashby paid for all the Taxis we took to the hospitals for my dog bite with mission money and it all will get reimbursed to him. We get money back when we travel, and that will be part of my job in the office. I have to give the missionaries money from all of the travel they do in taxis, buses and other things. We also couldn´t move into that new pension before we were transferred out, so now the zone leaders of that area are looking for a new pension for the elders who were transferred there. We were able to contact most of the 36 references that we had for the activity before we left Formosa.

         I am in the mission office now and it is a completely different experience than what Ive experienced on the rest of my mission so far. Sorry, I don´t have a ton to say in this letter because I am going to write another email to talk about the office more. I wish I could show Elder Ashby some of the pictures we took last week, but I am with my new companion now. Maybe when we get home from the mission I can show them to him. Everyone down here loves cool ties, I can´t wait to get the ones that you are going to send to me.  Love and miss you all!

Chau,
Elder Pendleton

(Looking forward to his email this week, hope its a little longer, he didnt even tell me who his companion was! Haha!)

Last week in Formosa...






Transfer day on the way to Resistencia with Elder Ashby...

A visit to the Resistencia, Argentina Mission by Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy, he is the eldest son of President Boyd K. Packer...


Mission office... Elder Afane and I


First P-Day in Resistencia...

Picture of me next to a mural of "Rango"...



No comments:

Post a Comment