Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Esta semana fue un poco loco, Hahaha! or This week was a little crazy, Hahah!

Hey, Everyone,

Esta semana fue un poco loco, Hahaha! or
(This week was a little crazy, Hahah!)

         It all started off with us doing an activity for our area and that made it possible for us to get 36 new references to contact and then also this week, I got bit by a dog!

 The dog ran out of the house of a menos active (less-active member) and it attacked me, so the lady of the house gave me some stuff to clean myself up and then we still had the lesson after that. I then had to call the Mission President about it and he said that if there was any blood you have to go to the hospital, so I went to the hospital. There were a few other missionaries there because one Hermana was getting surgery that day and another one was going home because of back problems, so it was a real party! I was sent to another hospital, because of a misunderstanding on their part, and that hospital didn´t end up helping me there with what I needed, so I went back to the first hospital and the lady at the desk was explaining all sorts of medical terms in Spanish that I didn´t know, but I finally figured out that I needed to talk to this guy and he gave me a paper to use to go buy the shot and antibiotics that I needed. We had to go to a Pharmacy to get them and  they gave me the shot medicine on a block of ice and I had to take that back to the hospital to have them give me the shot. The nurse told Elder Ashby that he had to wait outside and then I got a shot right in the butt cheek, and I was on my way. It was such an inconvenience! We had to take six taxis to get it all figured out, but thats what happens when the health care is free! Hahaha! Everything is good with that now. It was a funny story, but anyway, Friday the 13th had its revenge.

On that same day we had an investigator drop us and then another Evangelical woman gave us a really weird prayer after our lesson and was trying to preach to us and then after that she swooped in and tried to give Elder Ashby a hug, Hahaha.
Elder Ashby explained it this way in his group email:

He said;
But this week has been pretty crazy, we received a bunch of references through an activity this week, so we´ve been trying to connect with them all week. There´s a ton of them that don´t have any interest really, we swung by one house that everybody had told us had a lot of potential and had some investigators that were sure to progress and all that, and it turns out that the family in the house ended up being Evangelical people that just wanted to preach to us! So we had to stand there politely while she spewed the whole ´we just have to worship God how we want´ and ´organized religion isn´t important, its just the love of God and through His grace we can do whatever we want and be saved´ stuff. Then she gave us a really weird prayer, then tried to hug both of us. It happened so fast that I couldn´t escape all the way, so she got an arm around me before I snaked away. 

It was pretty awkward. We then had this drunk dude stop us and give us some really nasty piece of something to eat. He was like, try it, try it. It tasted like flour and sawdust, right after we got rid of him, we spit it out and went home to our pension.  

This week we also found a new pension (apartment) and we are going to move into it very soon because the contract expired on the one we are in. I am pretty excited! The new one is brand new and super clean!!! It was crazy trying to do all the legal stuff for it in Spanish. 

Alright, so to answer all your questions, mom;

Hermana Hall´s companion is Hermana Coleman from Payson, Utah.

(Last week was Mothers day in Argentina so I asked him if every holiday was as big of a celebration as Mothers Day is down there.)
He said;
Literally, every holiday they have here, is huge. It could be Flag Day and they would go out and get wrecked and drunk (obviously talking about those not of our faith)

I said in my letter to him;
Your stories made me laugh this week. That guy in his underwear is a little creepy too, I hope that he doesn't get too weird. If he does, just stay away from him. I do hope he feels that the blessing you guys gave to him helped him and that he will feel the spirit enough to change his life for the better. I am proud of you for overlooking a person's faults and for trying to "looketh upon the heart". Just be wise!

He said;
Yeah, that dude was weird, but trust me we talk to more weird people than you can count. I can´t tell you how many times I have been hugged by a drunk guy or have had some weird dude yell at us about how he can read our minds, there are just a million strange stories.

Our Ward Mission Leader and Bishop are helping us with the missionary work. I also spoke about missionary work in Sacrament Meeting this week again, which is an opportunity that I get quite often. I also teach Gospel Doctrine once in awhile.   

 My shoes have been holding up but they are not going to be usable after the mission that is for sure! Hahahahahahahahaha!

 I just read the part in your letter where you said to not get bit by a dog, well too late for that! Haha! You should send a dog whistle to me that will repel them! That would be great! I have also been throwing green, unripened Mangos at them this week since I got bit, Haha.

I also went to a key place this week and the guy there just gave me a bag of keys that don´t work on anything down here, so I have plenty of keys to bring home to you now! Haha. (Nate knows I love cool looking keys!)

I am glad that you were able to go out with Elder Ashby´s mom! I like the picture of you guys trying to pose like us. I am jealous that you went to Red Robin. I would kill to get me some Red Robin food right now!

I love you and miss you all! This week was crazy, but don´t worry I am doing fine, and I am just going to keep pushing through, Endure to the End!

Chau!.

Love,
Elder Nate Pendleton

Missionary work...


Old Apartment vs New Apartment! I'm excited!!!








Dog Bite... Not too bad...



Our Mommas......


Keys to the Kingdom....




No comments:

Post a Comment