Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Despidida( Farewell) to a wonderful Mission President and Investigator...

Hey, Everyone,

            So this week has been up and down. First off, a little old lady we were teaching the gospel to passed away. They had her viewing at her family’s house and we were asked to give a despidida, (Farewell) so we shared a scripture and said a prayer. This old lady had great faith in Jesus Christ. She was super sweet, but anyway, apparently the old lady wanted us to come to the hospital to visit and the family said we were one of the last things on her mind before she died. We didn’t get a chance to visit her. I felt like I had failed her, like maybe I missed a prompting that told me to go visit her in the hospital, I don´t know. I was feeling a little depressed about that, and also this week I was feeling a little depressed about learning the language. I just felt like I really didn´t know it as well as I should. I am almost up to half a year in the mission and I don´t know if that was how the first half a year was supposed to be. Maybe I am supposed to know more of the scriptures, or maybe I was supposed to baptize more people. It just scared me a little. But, a little later in the week we found this family and I was able to speak to them in Spanish really well, and understand them and they complimented me on my Spanish! I also, finally had a dream in Spanish. My dad who went to Venezuela on his mission said that if you start to dream in Spanish then you are not always trying to think how to translate the language in your head so much and that its starting to sink in. I think the Lord knew I needed some encouragement. I just need to keep going and keep working at it.

We also had a Zone Conference this week to say goodbye to our wonderful mission president, President Franco, who is leaving at the end of this month. President Franco shared some stuff about the Book of Mormon. The new president will be at our next Multi- Zona in a week or two. At the conference, I was able to meet Elder Afane. His mother and my mother became friends through Facebook Messenger. We got to talk to each other a lot, and he is really cool.

Anyway, that is pretty much how this week went. Country is still coming to church, everyone thinks he is so funny! Haha! This week, we haven´t been able to find our investigator P at home. We tried to find her at home four times but she wasn’t there, we are going to try to keep working with her. We hope she is still trying to quit smoking.
             I am hoping after this next six or seven weeks I will get to train an Elder. I think it would be a good thing for me to train, to really have that extra push I need to talk to people. My companion and I hang out in the stake center on P- day a lot because we write our letters home there. There is also a pool table, a ping-pong table, and a fooseball table. There is also a soccer court to play on and all the other missionaries also go there on their p-days as well. It was a little hard this week because I had a cold all week. So with all the worry and me being sick, this week was a little bit rough. This week we also found a lady who was going to get baptized a couple of years back, but right before the baptism the rain became crazy and flooded a bunch of houses, so she had moved away and was never baptized. Hopefully, we will be able to get her baptized soon! Love you all!

Chao,

Elder Pendleton

Zone Conference

Meeting Elder Afane...

My Comp and I in our rival soccer jerseys...


Chao! : )








No comments:

Post a Comment