Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Moroni, More Mangos and Empanadas...

  Hey, Everyone,

     The people that we carried the groceries for last week are going to listen to our message, they are awesome. They are going on vacation this next week to Pirane, so we can´t start teaching them until the 7th of October. We had to drop a lot of investigators this week, so we are looking for more people to teach, right now. It is so hard to do that but we need to find people who are truly willing to listen and keep their commitments.

      We got to watch the Restoration movie this week with A, and it was good. I testified so strong at the end of it, the spirit was there for sure! We will have to see what happens with that, I need to write about that experience in my journal. We are also trying to work better with the members right now, we have family home evenings with them, but we need to have more.

      I have been reading in Alma this week, in the Book of Mormon and one thing I liked was that it said, that if all men were like Moroni, then the devil would have no power against men here on earth. I thought that was really cool!

     The trees down here are covered in mangos. It is more than just a bumper crop of mangos, it is like a trillion tons of mangos. Not even joking!
Yeah, next week is transfer week so we will see what happens. I will probably stay here, but there is a chance I will leave. I like this area but I have been here for quite a while now.

     Elder Ashby is great, and to be honest I am jealous of how fast he learns. It takes me so long to learn something and he just loves to learn about everything! I wish I had that ability. He already speaks almost as well as I do and he gave a great talk in church yesterday. He is not shy like I am at all. He is going to be a great missionary!

     We made empanadas this week and they were super good!!! That is sweet that Cowley got called to Guatemala on his mission!!! I will be able to speak Spanish with him when he gets back! That is also great that the Hill family went down to Houston to help flood victims. I hope I answered all of your questions, not much really happened this week. We did find a really good investigator named E, and she is going to progress probably.  

 Anyway, Love you all !!!!

Chau,

Elder Nate Pendleton

My companion and I in our baptismal clothes at an Open House at the church...

 Empanadas we made this week...

 Cool Toucans...


  Fun times unplugging the toilet!

Smallest van I've ever seen!

 My Companion, Elder Ashby...

Me...

 Ward activity this week...




No comments:

Post a Comment