Saturday, August 19, 2017

Transfers, Staying in Formosa, New Companion, New Assignment...

Hey, Everyone,


The song we have been practicing to sing is going well.  I will post a video of us practicing it.

This last time, we opened all of our emails together so we could see where everyone is going. I am staying here in Formosa, but I am going to get to train a new missionary!!! And I am also a District Leader!!!! I am super excited, but pretty nervous at the same time because these are the two hardest jobs in the mission. We are going to see how that goes! I go to pick up my new companion, a new elder to the mission, tomorrow. I am with Elder Fernandez right now waiting to go down to Resistencia, so that is exciting. Elder Hopkins was definitely the best companion I have had on the mission. He is such a good worker and he is so nice. He is going to go be a Zone Leader in Resistencia.

This week has been really good. Unfortunately, A, wasn’t able to come to church on Sunday because the rain was crazy and because there was a lot of mud. A, is really gaining a testimony. (A, contacted my mom through Facebook messenger. A, lost her 18-year-old son in a motorcycle accident in March and my mom who has experienced loss at the death of 2 of her sisters and also her mother and father, were able to talk to each other about grief and loss and also about the Plan of Salvation.) Mom, the day after you talked to her she was like telling us that she read anti-Mormon stuff online but she
didn´t believe what it said and she told us that her life has improved like crazy since we started teaching her. Keep talking to her! She loves to hear from you. A, is such an amazing person. She absolutely loves us! Haha! She told us we were two little angels that came to find her. I told her that right before we found her we said a prayer in the street and then we found her right away after that prayer, it was awesome! I was feeling really down that day and I was sick and I didn´t want to be out contacting, but we found our best investigator that way.

M, the guy who had the stroke is doing good and the other M (the guy who was trying to get off drugs) keeps texting us and saying that we can´t come by because he is not going to be there, so we just need to pass by and “surprise” him! I hope he is okay. C, I don´t know, we need to figure things out with him.

 A, had us over for lunch this week and fed us some awesome empanadas, after that though, a big storm rolled in and it started hailing! Those hail stones were huge! They had all these spikes coming off of them!

 Also, this week Elder Afane and Elder Pedernera came to stay with us in our pension for a day and so we got to go on splits with them and it was super fun. They are two of my favorite Elders to work with here in the mission.

We also saw the monkeys up in the tree again and I was able to get a good picture of one this time. I am also sending a picture of the Acosta Family, he works with metal and we like to talk about cars and stuff. They are awesome!

We had a super fun district meeting this week. It was great because they had food and ice cream there this time! We also cleaned our pension up even more and it looks way better! We threw away so much stuff that wasn´t needed. It is sooo much better!

I had to say goodbye to a great companion, Elder Hopkins, but I will be going to get my new companion tomorrow!

Thank you all for being awesome!


Chau,

Elder Nate Pendleton

(* The initials of his investigators are used instead of their full names to hopefully keep their names private on social media.)



Video of us singing...  sorry it's not great quality because of download speeds in Argentina...

At practice...

Lunch at A's...

Crazy Hailstones....

Splits with Elder Pedernera... 

Monkey in a tree...

Acosta Family...

District Meeting fun!

Ice Cream!!!


Elder Hopkins, Elder Sheehan and I...







No comments:

Post a Comment