Saturday, January 6, 2018

Holidays over and back to work....

New Year's Eve was fun! We watched even more fireworks on New Years than we did on Christmas! It was so cool! We also lit Chinese paper lanterns, the ones that fly. Hahaha! That didn´t go down super well. We finally got one going and it started to fly then it caught fire and went down like the Hindenburg! Haha! On New Years Day, we were not allowed to leave our pension (apartment) so we played UNO, Monopoly, and Chess all day!  The dinner we had at the president's house on New Years Day was super good. They cooked a roast and it was awesome!! Thanks to everyone who gave me birthday wishes! It was nice to hear from all of you. The Asado that Elder Slade made us for Christmas was good but the grill broke half way through so we had to cook it the rest of the way in an oven that hardly works! Haha!

 We actually had time this week to go out and preach the gospel and we have a lesson planned tonight with one of our investigators that has been coming to church. His name is G. I  also gave a talk in sacrament meeting the other day. It is so sad that President Monson passed away, I will miss him!

 I am glad that Cole is getting everything ready to go for his mission. I am glad you were able to go out to Temple Square to see the lights, mom, and dad.

One thing that happened this week is that we got a new assistant in the office. His name is Elder Freeman. He is coming to us from the area of Clorinda. He will be an AP and will be taking Elder Olmos place. Elder Olmos went down to Reconquista. I will miss him but look forward to getting to know Elder Freeman. Also, we had a small little Multizona and I was able to hang out with some of the missionaries that I know for a while. I also traded one of my ties away for an awesome tie that is from Thailand! It is soooo cool!
I don´t have much else to say other than p-day goes way too fast! Haha.
Anyway, I love you all!

Chau!
Elder Nate Pendleton

The Office Elder's at President and Sister Patania's for New Year's...

 (Pictured Left to Right, back row)
Elder Tuttle, Me, Elder Slade, Elder Afane, Elder Pedernera and Elder Olmos
 (Front row) 
 President's son his wife and President Patania

Saying goodbye to Elder Olmos

 My birthday cake...



 My companion Elder Afane and I...

A sign that I bought for myself that I thought was cool...


 My Pension (Apartment)... Kitchen
  Bedroom...
 Study area...


 My desk in the mission office...

Don't forget, the gospel is true!  Hurrah for Israel!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment